May 17, 2021 to May 18, 2021
Arenac Community Center
583 E. Cedar Street, Standish MI 48658
Barb Smith Suicide Resource & Response Network
For more information or to register, go to: https://p2p.onecause.com/1standish2021
COVID Guidelines Will Be Followed
We will be following all COVID guidelines. A mask is required, no contact temperature will be taken each morning and hand sanitizer will be available. Training rooms will accommodate for social distancing.
ABOUT THIS TRAINING
ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first aid. Skills learned in one environment are transferable to others, creating a life-saving impact across the community.
Help is possible when skills, opportunity, and safety are present. When these are available throughout the different facets of someone’s life, they’re more likely to receive help.
– Live instruction, audiovisuals, and simulation
– Trusted by professionals yet learnable by anyone
– Built-in safety resources and features
Who Should Attend
Anyone can experience thoughts of suicide. By giving participants the skills to help friends, family members, colleagues, and clients stay alive, ASIST supports suicide-safer communities. Although ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, no formal training is needed to attend the workshop. Anyone 15 or older can learn and use the model.
Learning Goals & Objectives
Over the course of the two-day workshop, participants will learn to:
– Understand the ways that personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
– Provide guidance and suicide first aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
– Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
– Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
– Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention