QPR Virtual Training
Question, Persuade, and Refer (QPR) Gatekeeper Training for Suicide Prevention is a one-hour educational program.
About this event
Gatekeepers can include anyone who is strategically positioned to recognize and refer someone at risk of suicide (e.g., parents, friends, neighbors, teachers, coaches, caseworkers, police officers). This training is conducted by a Hope Network employee who is a certified QPR instructor.
The process follows three steps:
- Question the individual’s desire or intent regarding suicide
- Persuade the person to seek and accept help, and
- Refer the person to appropriate resources
Participants will learn:
- How to Question, Persuade, and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
- All participants receive a QPR E-Booklet and Resources upon completion of the training
Although the class is in the form of a webinar, the class expectations for participation and involvement are the same for a live presentation. A participant’s device must have a functioning camera, microphone and speakers; all three must be on during the entire presentation. In addition, the participant must be on screen and visible during the entire presentation.
Please join 5 minutes early to test your audio and video. If you join more than 10 minutes after the training start time or you do not participate in the breakout session, you will not receive credit for the course.
A Zoom Link will be sent to all registered participants one day-prior to the date of the training.